TILT TABLE

Use this discussion board to address concerns or to find support from others with the disease.

TILT TABLE

Postby Rach27 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:12 am

Hi all! I was recently diagnosed with Brugada. My cardiologist urged me to get an ICD soon, as the pattern was very strong and evident on all EKGs and I have had multiple fainting spells. Upon meeting the surgeon, he agreed that the pattern was certainly there, however questioned my diagnosis due to its rarity. Personally, I disagree, as I do not believe that any doctor should with hold a diagnosis and treatment due to the rarity of the condition. Especially considering that Brugada is relatively new. Recently, I went into partial cardiac arrest following a seizure (occur often due to brain injury). Despite this, he still withheld the placement of the defibrillator and order further testing; specifically the tilt table. So I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the tilt table? And if so, could you provide me with some info on it.
What does it test and how?
What is considered a positive test?
What characteristics/symptoms are they specifically looking for?
And of course, how bad is it, as the name sounds like an old torture technique :)

Thank you so much!
Rach27

Return to Brugada Syndrome Support Group