Recently Diagnosed

Use this discussion board to address concerns or to find support from others with the disease.

Recently Diagnosed

Postby Keeptikin » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi, just wanted some advice. Recently diagnosed with Brugada following a recent bought of vomiting due to food poisoning. Anyhow, I have never experienced any symptoms and only found out about this from the ECG I had done after this Food poisoning episode where I collapse exhausted on the floor. Not unconscious just felt so tired. Just had my EC study and my Dr was pleased with results. I expected to be told to just come back once a year for check up as I was low risk however he said that during my high line 24 hour ECG it showed fragmentations and that these combined with my Brugada ECG shape I am now at higher risk and should have an ICD fitted. Has anyone else had this experience and can explain why these Fragmentations made such a difference?

I am due to go see Dr Behr on 20th August but until then I am left a little worried.

Be good to hear from someone.
Keeptikin

Re: Recently Diagnosed

Postby nexus123 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:32 am

I hope everything goes well for you for your next appointment and for your ICD fitting. I have also been recently diagnosed (last week) so sorry cant give you any advice.
nexus123

Return to Brugada Syndrome Support Group